Keep up to date here with all our latest news
* 31 May - Open Day and BBQ to celebrate our first birthday and also to say goodbye to Coach Tej who is moving to pastures new with his job. Sign up on the board in the gym.
* 17 May - Parents & Kids WOD 30 May; Ladies WOD & Wine night Friday 5 June at 19:00; Bros Barbell & Beer night Friday 12 June at 19:00. All open to members and non members, plus those who want to try and give CrossFit a go!
* 21 April - We are pleased to confirm that regular CrossFit Kids Iron Duke classes will be held every Friday at 1615 from 5 June. Classes will also be run during the May half term (Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May) at 1100.
For more information on CrossFit Kids Iron Duke, call 023 9217 8810 and speak with Kerry, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.
* 29 March - Changes to timetable from Tuesday 7 April. Afternoon/evening schedule will be as follows: 1600 Open Gym; 1730 CrossFit Class; 1830 Open Gym; 1900 CrossFit Class (except Wednesdays as 1900 is Barbell club).
The Saturday schedule will be as follows: 0900 CrossFit Class; 1000 CrossFit Class; 1100 Open Gym; 1230 closed. This will be on a trial basis, so feedback is welcome.
* 20 March - CrossFit Kids Iron Duke - aged 6-11 years is back for the Easter Holidays. 7-10 April; Tuesday-Friday - 1100-1145 and 13-17 April; Monday to Friday - 1100-1145. Prices £5.00 per child (6-11 years). Discounts apply for two or more children. Discounts apply if pre-booking 7 or more classes in advance
* 5 March - Monkey Box Improving Brains and Making Gainz Tour, hits CFID on Monday 30 March @ 1845. Sign up now
* 1 March - Final OPEN WOD 15.5 and BBQ will be held on 28 March between 1000-1500. Free taster session and a CrossFit Kids class will also be held. Bring yourself, friends and family for a fun day out
* 1 February - an additional class at 0630am on Tuesdays will come into effect on Tuesday 10 February. This will be on a trial period for one month, so we can gauge members opinion/interest.
* 17 January - Class sizes have been increased to 12 per regular class and 16 for Barbell. Also a slight change to Saturday's schedule from 24 January, with classes at 0830; 0930 and Barbell at 1030
* 16 January - CrossFit Kids Iron Duke classes are back for half term (16-20 February). Running daily, Monday-Friday at 1100, prices £5 per child, per class or £20 for all five classes
* 14 January - Personal Training on a 1-2-1 basis,is now available with James. Please speak with him for further information and prices
* 3 January - Free Taster and Intro sessions start on Tuesday 6 January at 1900. Email email@example.com or call 023 9217 8810 to book your place
* 1 January - Follow our new blog, crossfitirondukeblog.com
Relevant articles will be shared here, so be sure to follow us
* 30 December - An additional barbell club will be running at 1900 on Wednesdays from 7 January with Toby. Sign up now (Saturday sessions with Tej, will still run as normal)
* 23 December - Team/Pairs WOD with Kerry and Toby, Saturday 27 December at 1030
* 22 December revised opening hours during the festive period. Please check website for details
* 12 November - The gym will be closed on Saturday 15 November all day,due to the British Weightlifting course being hosted at CFID. All places are sold out
* 7 November - Festive in-house throwdown and social is being held on 29 November. Please speak with a coach to confirm your place and menu choice for both events!
* 2 November - Dedicated Parents classes are now being run on the following days/times - 1030 Wednesdays; 0930 Thursdays and Fridays. Please see the Parents section in Gym Info for further details and prices
* 30 October - new kit has arrived! We have just taken delivery of a new GHD! So be prepared for those glutes and hamstrings to be developed....
* 20 October - a huge thanks to our members and to visiting members from other boxes as we raised £170.00 for the RMCTF for the 350 Commando WOD that was held on 18 October.
* 1 September - Everybody Pilates is coming to CrossFit Iron Duke. Pilates classes will be held every Friday morning and Monday evenings from 5 September. £7.50pp, bookings must be made direct with Everybody Pilates firstname.lastname@example.org
* 29 August - Next Intro Course confirmed for Monday 15 September and dedicated Parents Intro Course confirmed for Tuesday 16 September
* 28 August - Pilates classes will be held at 1100 on Fridays and 2000 on Mondays, starting Friday 5 September
* 14 August - so we have been open just over a month now and have had three successful Intro Courses completed, with the next one starting on 26 August. Its been a really busy first month, with taster sessions, classes and twice weekly kids sessions and parents sessions
* 19 July - extra sessions released for next week:
Tuesday 22 July - 0930 - Parents (babies and toddlers up to two years old in a pushchair)
Thursday 24 July - 0930 Parents (babies and toddlers up to two years old in a pushchair)
Saturday 26 July - 1150
Saturday 26 July - 1350 - CrossFit Kids Iron Duke aged 5-12yrs
* 11 July - Further FREE Taster sessions have been announced:
Tuesday 15th - 1730 and 1900
Wednesday 16th - 1300
Thursday 17th - 1900
Saturday 19th - 1000
Saturday 19th - 1130 - CrossFit Kids Iron Duke aged 5-12yrs
Tuesday 22nd - 1900
Thursday 24th - 1730
* 6 July - Open Day confirmed as 26 July from 1000..... A day of WODs and Taster sessions for all abilities.
* 30 June - The first FREE taster sessions have confirmed for Monday 7th, Wednesday 9th and Friday 11th July at 1900 hours. Email or call us to book in and try us out
* 29 June - After a very long weekend, the box is nearly ready to open! All the flooring and lifting platforms are down, the equipment is in, the rings are up and of course the flags are flying
* 23 June - Yes, the rig is still up! the flooring is in the process of being laid and should be completed by this weekend, and all being well the signs will be going up on the outside walls on Friday
* 21 June - With the help of some amazing family and friends, the rig was installed and a huge clear up operation took place outside to clear the area of overgrown shrubs, weeds, holly and fly-tipping!
* 16 June - So the big week has arrived, the gym is going to be painted, flooring is being delivered and will start to be laid and our lovely Rogue rig should be up by Saturday...
* 3 June - We have finally been granted change of usage and work has now started on fitting out the unit, keep up to date with the progress and pictures on our facebook page www.facebook.com/CFIronDuke
* 3 February - Change of usage applied for the unit and contract for lease to be signed
* 25 January - Great news, we have been granted the CrossFit affiliation and also had CrossFit Iron Duke confirmed as our name! Exciting times ahead...... its all systems go now.....
VIRTUTIS FORTUNA COMES