CrossFit is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and has increasingly become known as the 'sport of fitness'. It was started by founder and CEO Greg Glassman in a garage in 2001, and at the time his belief was that there would be little more than five CrossFit gyms (boxes) in America. Today there are over 11,500 affiliated boxes worldwide!
CrossFit is defined as 'constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity' and the programme is designed to 'increase work capacity across broad time and modal domains'. It is a programme that will best prepare trainees for any physical contingency — not only for the unknown, but for the unknowable.
CrossFit is more than simply a way of keeping fit, it is also the community that spontaneously arises when people do these workouts together. In fact, the communal aspect of CrossFit is a key component of why it’s so effective.
While it challenges the world’s fittest, the CrossFit programme is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience. The same routines are used for elderly individuals and the fittest and most competitive CrossFitter in the box. Load and intensity are scaled to accommodate the ability of the individual, the programme doesn't change.
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning programme, however, it is not specialised in any one area. Instead it is designed to optimise physical competence across the 10 recognised 'General Physical Skills', which are: Cardiovascular Endurance; Strength; Stamina; Flexibility; Power; Speed; Coordination; Accuracy; Agility and Balance. The CrossFit methodology believes you are only as 'fit' as you are competent across all of these domains.
Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
WHY IS A CROSSFIT BOX DIFFERENT FROM A 'NORMAL' GYM?
* It is fully inclusive as it covers all age ranges from children to the elderly
* Classes are limited in size, so all clients receive more individual and dedicated coaching
* There are always dedicated trainers for each class, and trainers are available during open gym sessions
* As well as coaching during a class, assistance and guidance will be provided on nutrition and general fitness
* The community is like no other, everyone knows everyone's name
* Everyone does the same program, it is just scaled to the client's ability
As CrossFit Trainers, we focus our attention on: teaching our clients to move efficiently, helping them realise their athletic potential, and enabling them to achieve their fitness goals as quickly as possible.
Our motivation is the passion, fitness and community of CrossFit