CrossFit Iron Duke is strongly committed to the security and protection of members’ personal information and we do our utmost at all times to ensure privacy. We take the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We strive to conform with the UK and European Data Protection laws. We do not share any information with third parties, nor do we collect or retain any information other than that necessary for us to provide our services to you.
We use members’ personal information only as necessary for us to provide our services to you. We do not share any information with unrelated third parties nor do we collect or retain any information other than is required for the provision of our products or services. Information collected during the online registration process is stored securely. Information collected will be securely destroyed if it is no longer required by CrossFit Iron Duke.
Members may request details of personal information, which we hold under the Data Protection Act/forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We request all members check their details for accuracy and make any necessary changes. This includes redoing our waiver if any information has been changed. We will email reminders for this. Please note in order to receive emails from us, you need to ‘opt in’ to show your consent in order for us to comply with legal requirements. We require this to allow us to communicate with members effectively.
Please note that CrossFit Iron Duke does provide links to other sites (notably CrossFit.com, British Weightlifting and Big Crocodile). Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we engage third party contractors (e.g. coaches, presenters) to perform services for us, those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances, those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
CrossFit Iron Duke makes use of third party software to manage online bookings and athlete log-ins, provided by RX Gym Software, and Go Cardless for our Direct Debit payments. Both RX Gym Software and Go Cardless has their own privacy and data security policy with regard to client information. You can access this information on their website.
Personal information collected by CrossFit Iron Duke and our website crossfitironduke.com is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store your data.
Changes to our Policy: From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time and should this occur, the amendment will be posted on our website and will be effective immediately.
CCTV is in operation at CrossFit Iron Duke. Signs are displayed to make all visitors and members aware of this. There is one sign on the main entrance wall, one by the main entrance, and one in the social area. There are currently four cameras in operation, one monitoring the car park and three monitoring the gym floor and entrance/exit doors.
The Company Secretary/ Affiliate Manager has shared this policy with all staff members so everyone is aware our requirements under the Data Protection Act/ Regulation and other relevant legislation. All staff have been made aware how to handle personal data, in this case, not to share with anyone at any time unless required to by Law, and that it is a criminal offence to do so.
There are various contacts available on CrossFit Iron Duke’s website, any of which can be used as an access point to information and complaints in relation to our CCTV.
We have utilised Appendix 2 from the CCTV Code of Practice (October 2014) to ensure our compliance with CCTV requirements. This can be found at the end of this policy, entitled “CCTV checklist”.
We annually request members update their information. Any old members that have left, been inactive for more than six months are deactivated on the RX Gym Software‘s system. This third party, external system is only accessible by staff using specific details and is not freely available.
• The CCTV is for capturing thefts and any incidents, and to back up staff if needed when working alone with a client. Reviewed annually for effectiveness.
• A system (SANSCO) has been chosen which produces clear images which law enforcement bodies (i.e.the police) can use to identify crime. These can easily be taken from the system when required.
• Cameras have been sighted so that they provide clear images and cover the biggest areas possible. They have been positioned to avoid capturing the images of people not visiting the premises.
• As mentioned in the policy text, there are visible signs showing that CCTV is in operation.
• Images are securely stored on the CCTV server and only authorised staff have access to them. They will not be shared with any third party with the exception of law enforcement bodies.
• The recorded images are wiped monthly. This is automatically actioned by the system. From past events this has shown to just be enough for incidents to come to light (e.g. thefts). Any shorter and these incidents risk being missed.
• The potential impact on individuals’ privacy has been identified when taking into account the use of the system. Cameras are sited to film only that which would be in plain sight, and the monitor location has also been chosen bearing this in mind.
• Regular checks are carried out to ensure the system is working properly and produces high quality images. Viewing monitor is switched on at the start of each day to ensure the cameras are online and working properly.
COMPANY SECRETARY & AFFILIATE MANAGER
CrossFit Iron Duke
34H Aston Road
Hampshire PO7 7XQ
T: 023 9217 8810